Nutrition & Wellbeing
Our children grow their own organic fruit and vegetables on site and, when they are ready, they cook them and eat them (with the help of our onsite chef)!!! This encourages a broad palette and children who are curious and excited about trying new foods.
We also have fresh organic and biodynamic produce delivered to us weekly from local certified organic suppliers. All the meals and snacks we provide for our children are prepared fresh daily by our dedicated onsite chef to the highest food safety standards and are of the highest free range, hormone and pesticide free standards.
In our outdoor space, we have large garden beds for our children to organically grow fruit and vegetables in and we will be using this produce as often as possible for both educational purposes (dirty play)! and nutritional value.
At Endeavour, we know that teaching children a foreign language helps with brain development and lays the foundation for lifelong academic achievement, with the impact greatest the earlier the language is learnt. That is why we engage with qualified language teachers to enable our children to reap the benefits of learning another language.
Research confirms that learning a foreign language early helps stimulate children’s minds and gives them a positive attitude about learning languages and other cultures, even if they don’t continue.
Art is a lot of fun, but there is so much more to art. Children learn through exploring art and creating artworks. Children develop useful life skills through art.
Arts and Hearts™ involves children in making their own art and enjoying the art of others.
Our art program encourages children’s complete development. Our curriculum includes activities that will help children develop their communication, problem-solving, social, fine motor and self-expression abilities.
Creating art allows children to work through feelings and emotions, and referring to a finished piece of artwork helps a child talk about feelings in a new and meaningful way. Art also develops a child’s creativity. Rather than being told what to do, answers and directions come from the child. Art is an experience that requires freethinking, experimentation, and analysis — all part of creativity.
Endeavour have partnered with internationally acclaimed, registered music therapists across our locations to facilitate music therapy classes for our children.
Music Therapy is a Healthcare Profession. There is a body of scientific and academic research to support its use with children and we want our children to reap the many benefits of music therapy including:
- – improving the health and wellbeing of our children;
- – increasing their social skills;
- – developing their cognitive awareness;
- – improving their language skills; and
- – providing our children with opportunities for self-expression.
Music uses the whole brain as music is processed on both sides of the brain. When a person is engaged in music activities, the brain is actively firing more neurons and increasing the opportunity for development and learning.
Our music therapists enjoy working with young children’s unlimited capacity for creativity, generating a rich and meaningful environment for children to learn about themselves, their fellow human beings and the world in which they live. That is why music therapy is one of the five pillars of our Whole Child Program!
School Readiness Program
At Endeavour Early Education, we believe that each child is entitled to and needs a solid foundation for school. Through our “Endeavour Academy” program, we combine the Early Years Learning Framework with our extensive understanding of how children develop and learn, and work with families to set goals and achieve the best outcomes for children as they begin their school journey.
With more than 12 years of formal schooling ahead, your child’s transition will become easier, having had access to our high quality prep program incorporating not only literacy and mathematical learning, but also physical and creative education as well as the development of social and emotional skills including confidence and self-help skills such as using a lunch box. In addition, our children are also provided access to our language, sports and music therapy programs.
For more information, contact us on (02) 8443 0030 or email us
Endeavour Academy is a focused pre-school program designed to journey with children and their families as they begin the transition from early education to more formal school structures. By tailoring our program to create individualised and group learning experiences, we build on children’s current strengths and challenge their growing potential.
Through our structured program, our goals for children in the Endeavour Academy include:
Language and literacy skills
- Exploring the alphabet as well as phonics to develop a strong understanding of how words are formed, the sounds and names of letters and letter blends, while also understanding written and spoken languages, both in English and Mandarin.
- Being able to identify and write their own names, as well as recognise the names of their friends.
- Begin to identify sight words, as well as begin to use letters to write and copy words.
- Using language to communicate to friends, educators as well as the class during presentations
- using numbers to represent, count, order and compare
- compare and identify differences in objects
- make hypotheses
- recall information and use later
- recognise changes in objects
- sort, order and compare by different characteristics
- identify, remember and recreate shapes, symbols and patterns
- Discovering cause and effect through science
- Understanding how numbers, colours and words are used through everyday life experience
Social and Emotional Skills
- Developing the ability to share and take turns with others.
- Develop the ability to transition between care of family and school, while aware they are supported and cared for
- Recognise their own behaviours and those of others and how to successfully express emotions in a socially acceptable way.
- Being able to empathise with others and care for themselves, others and their environment.
- Make and keep friendships
- Engage in social play
- Movement and coordination skills
- Balance and body stability
- Fundamental movement skills
- Fine motor skills – those required to use the hand and small muscles for writing and drawing, including pencil grip and using scissors.
Expression of self
- Creative arts and crafts
- Drama and dramatic play skills
Understanding the world
- Developing sustainable thinking
- Recognising how different things impact the world and environment
- Developing knowledge of where food comes from by engaging in vegetable planting and harvesting
- Developing knowledge and respect for different ways of being and living
- Understanding where and with whom they belong
- Knowing who they can become
Children at Endeavour Academy become inspired to be lifelong learners as they begin their journey with us. They are helped to feel part of our school family through the relationships educators will build with them, as well as through their very own uniform, which includes a shirt, hat, back pack and drink bottle. Endeavour Academy works in partnership with our families and local schools to assist our children and their families with the transition to primary school.